- RGBuino is a magic RGB LED dot-matrix driver compatible with Arduino . RGBuino pairs the M54564 with a single DM163 constant current driver. By using the DM163, RGBuino gains three 8+6-bit channels of hardware PWM control of the LED’s freeing up the MCU from having to implement it in software. This gives the ATmega328 more CPU bandwidth for performing other tasks. RGBuino is easy to cascade by IIC and Power interface.
- The driver circuit based on 3 MBI5168 constant current sink drivers and a M54564 darlington source driver, the RGBuino pairs the M54564 with a single DM163 constant current driver. In order to better drive the RGB matrix and reach their best performance, we use the professional LED driver chip DM163 on board, by using the DM163, the RGBuino gains three 8+6-bit channels of hardware PWM control of the LED’s freeing up the ATMega328P from having to implement it in software. And the DM163 comprises shift registers, data latches, 8×3 channel constant current and 64 x 256 gray level PWM for per color! Each channel provide a maximum current of 60 mA. So, each RGB dot has 256×256x256 = 16,777,216 colours (16 million) in theory, and it’s easy to use the 6bit correction register to calibrate the current error for each color LEDs.
- Power is supplied either by pin headers or via 2 sets of mini screw terminals, a slide switch selecting between the two. With the herder side, you just can use the 5V power supply, and in the terminal side, now support 6.2-7.5V power supply, more than 7V will cause the DM163 fever and more than 9V supply may burn your board. Pins brought out the edge of the board include RX, TX and DTS, which can be used to reprogram the onboard ATmega chip, and SCA and SCL for I2C communication. A green LED on the front of the board indicates power, although it is mostly obscured as soon as you plug the matrix panel in.
- 8bits colors support with 6bits correction for each color in every dots
- Hardware 16MHz PWM support
- Without any external circuits, play and shine
- Dedicated GPIO and ADC interface
- Hardware UART and IIC communication with easy cascading
- 24 constant current channels of 100mA each
- 8 super source driver channels of 500mA each
- Please corresponding digital insert to prevent burn out
Pad Name Type Description SDA I/O Data wire of IIC Bus SCL I/O Clock wire of IIC Bus GND G Ground plane +5V P Power wire for all digital components RXD I/O Data wire of UART Bus TXD I/O Data wire of UART Bus DTR I Special reset wire of Arduino program MI I/O Data input of ISP MO I/O Data output of ISP SCK I/O Clock input of ISP RST I Reset input of ISP
Microcontroller ATMega328P Max Frequency 16M RAM Capacity 2K FLASH Capacity 32K External Resources No Power Supply External 5V
I/O Operation Level 5V Board Size 60mm x 60mm Model EF01009 Version 1.2 Weight 20.00g Accessories No
*60mm x 60mm