Adafruit Colossal 6V 9W Solar Panel
These 6 Volt, 9 Watt panels come to us from Voltaic Systems, makers of fine solar-powered bags and packs. They are waterproof, scratch resistant, and UV resistant.
Using a high efficiency monocrystalline cell and outputting 6V at ~1.5A via 3.5mm x 1.3mm DC jack connector, they are a nice upgrade to the 2W or 3W panels we have been carrying. The substrate is an aluminum / plastic composite, specifically designed to be strong and lightweight. These panels can easily stand up to typical outdoor use including being dropped and leaned on. They're very high quality andsuggested for projects that will be exposed to the outdoors. These come with 4 plastic mounting screws which makes it easy to attach the panel, even to fabric!
For some nifty ideas on what to do with your solar panels, check out Voltaic's DIY page
- 254mm x 223.5mm / 10" x 8.8"
- Thickness (without screws): 5mm / 0.2"
- Thickness (with screws): 10mm / 0.4"
- Wire Length: 282mm / 11.1"
- Weight: 309g
- Monocrystalline cells - 19% efficient
- Open Circuit Voltage: 7.0V
- Peak Voltage: 6.0V
- Peak Current: 1500mA
- Peak Power: 9.0 Watt
- Urethane coating
- 3mm Aluminum/Plastic composite substrate
Mounting and Cables
- Four screws on back corners of panel allow multiple mounting options
- Output cable is 8.5 inches, 22cm long and has 3.5x1.1mm plug