Raspberry Pi A+
The Raspberry Pi Model A+ is an ultra-low-cost, tiny footprint Linux computer. Developed by the Raspberry Pi Foundation in the UK, the Raspberry Pi aims to put the fun back into learning computing by promoting the study of computer science and programming at a school level.
- 700MHz Broadcom BCM2835 CPU with 256MB RAM
- 40pin extended GPIO
- 1 x USB 2 ports
- 4 pole Stereo output and Composite video port
- Full size HDMI
- CSI camera port for connecting the Raspberry Pi camera
- DSI display port for connecting the Raspberry Pi touch screen display
- Micro SD port for loading your operating system and storing data
- Micro USB power source
Key Improvements from Model A to Model A+:
- More energy efficient / uses less power
- Supports a smarter board layout including an expanded GPIO header (40 pin instead of 26)
- Micro SD Card port protecting your SD card from damage
- Improved power management – now possible to drive ‘power hungry’ USB devices directly from your Raspberry Pi.
Model A+ Features:
- Smaller board footprint and is fully HAT compatible
- 40pin extended GPIO to enhance your “real world” projects
- Connect a Raspberry Pi camera and touch screen display (each sole separately)
- Stream and watch Hi-definition video output at 1080P
Model A+ to Model A Comparison:
- Same Broadcom BCM2835 Chipset
- Same 256MB RAM
- Same full size HDMI port
- Same CSI camera port and DSI display ports
- Same micro USB power supply connection
- There is a 40pin extended GPIO so you can build even bigger and better projects than ever before. The first 26 pins are identical to the Model A to provide 100% backward compatibility for your projects.
- Micro SD slot instead of the full size SD slot for storing information and loading your operating systems.
- The small board footprint is Raspberry PI HAT compatible.
- Advanced power management:
- You can now provide up to 1.2 AMP to the USB port – enabling you to connect more power hungry USB devices directly to the Raspberry PI. (This feature requires a 2Amp micro USB Power Supply)
- The A+ board now uses less power (600mA) than the Model A Board (750mA) when running
- Combined 4-pole jack for connecting your stereo audio out and composite video out